The New Jersey Center on Gun Violence Research at Rutgers University is committed to providing high-quality, multi-disciplinary research on gun violence causality and prevention and translate this research into clear and actionable policies and programs, therefore creating safe and healthy environments.
We collaborate with organizations conducting research on gun violence that reduces the burden on individuals and society by focusing on:
- The nature of gun violence, including individual and societal determinants of risk for involvement in gun violence, whether as a victim or a perpetrator
- The individual, community, and societal consequences of gun violence
- Prevention and treatment of gun violence at the individual, community, and societal levels
- The effectiveness of existing laws and policies intended to reduce gun violence, including the criminal misuse of guns
- Efforts to promote the responsible ownership and use of guns
We encourage New Jersey researchers to reach out to the Center with collaboration opportunities, but are also open to National collaboration efforts. Please fill out the form below, and we’ll be in contact regarding your request as soon as possible.